Greyback Construction Ltd. is looking for a self-motivated Project Coordinator with an Architectural Technologist background to join our well-established general contracting firm in Penticton, British Columbia.
Under the direction of a Project Manager, the Project Coordinator is expected to assist project managers in performing duties and is accountable for delivering building development projects of different sizes and complexity. The Project Coordinator will be a technical resource for Greyback Construction and responsible for drafting and production standards.
The successful candidate will have experience in industrial, commercial, residential and Design Build projects. Will be driven and motivated to complete work efficiently, under tight project deadlines with a positive attitude. Enjoys working in a collaborative team to utilize creative problem solving and critical thinking skills. Is a clear and well-versed communicator and are capable of balancing multiple competing priorities on several projects. Must have good knowledge of building codes, and competence in building envelope detailing, a passion for architectural design and building construction detailing.
- Architectural and Building Technology Diploma or equivalent education
- Minimum 3 years, preferably 5 years+ post-graduate experience
- Highly proficient in AutoCAD (or Revit) and Microsoft office
- Demonstrated experience in a variety of project types and project delivery methods
- Experience in the production of Schematic design and Construction Documents
- Experience in assisting with Contract Administration (Field reviews, etc.)
- Experience with presentation design software is an asset
- Experience using Revit software is an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a collaborative team, or independently
- Positive, solution-oriented attitude/ Problem solving capabilities
- Strong understanding of the relation between the B.C. Building Code and detailing, and experienced and familiar with local construction material and methods.
- Extremely well organized with good interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task, be open minded and flexible to think outside the box.
- Good working knowledge in the field of building science, building envelope design and details, construction R vales, material compatibility, exterior cladding systems, windows etc.
- Prepare presentation drawings
- Produce quality drawings with required software in all the architectural phases
- Guide and prepare contract documents and bidding packages
- Provide expertise in the detailed design of buildings
- Liaise with sub consultants to identify/ define project requirements, scope and objectives.
- Coordinate and work with multidisciplinary production teams, participate in design meeting with owners, developer architects and other consultants.
- Participate in the Construction Contract Administration phase and coordinate and review submittals, Requests for Information, review shop drawings, Field Reviews, etc.
- Prepare contract drawings, specifications, schedules, details and sketches from conceptual design through building permit, construction, working drawings and as built drawings
- Supports the team in the maintenance of project schedule and meeting project objectives and milestones and able to identify design/construction/project risks.
- Complete projects within timelines and budgets understanding the deadline and the ability to work under pressure
Please apply for this job with a current cover letter, resume, references and availability.
Email your information to: firstname.lastname@example.org